Root Canal Treatment may get you a bit anxious and why not, as this is the process of removal of infected soft tissue inside a tooth called the pulp. So many people get worried when they hear about Root Canal Treatment. As per the root canal dentist, people should keep in mind that RCT is meant to keep people away from any dental pain. This treatment is not that scary as many people think.
There are certain things and facts that you should know before getting your root canal treatment. These facts might change the way you think about this treatment. Here, in this blog, we have listed some lesser-known facts related to RCT.
- Consult the Dentist Before Taking Antibiotics Antibiotics seem to be an option that will help your condition because it treats bacterial infections. But before taking any antibiotics or painkillers, you should consult the dentist about your condition as the bacteria that cause pulp infections are located within the root canal system where antibiotics can’t reach. So, you should first consult the dentist.
- RCT Is Not A Painful Treatment Many people are in doubt that RCT causes a lot of pain. But it’s not like that, root canal treatment is done to relieve you from the pain you are suffering from the bacterial infection. When the RCT is done, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the tooth and other areas so that you don’t feel any pain. But still, if you are worried about the pain, talk to the dentist.
- You Might Feel Sore After RCT After you are done with the root canal treatment, you may feel a bit sore or sensitive for a few days. You can take help from pain relief medication, but only after consulting the root canal dentist.
- Your Teeth Are Not That Strong After the root canal treatment is done, you should take proper care of your teeth as it will not protect your tooth from cavities and gum disease. You should brush your teeth twice a day and keep visiting the root canal dentist regularly. Typically, the crowns last for around 10 to 15 years.
- Eat Well Before RCT You should have a proper meal before getting your root canal treatment done as your body needs all the nutrients. After you are done with the treatment, you will not be eating a proper diet for a few days or up to a week.
- Protects Other Teeth & Your Smile If your tooth is infected, there are two ways to get rid of it; one is getting root canal treatment, and the other is getting your tooth removed. So, if you don’t want to get your tooth removed and want to maintain your beautiful smile forever, RCT is the best option for it. Another benefit of getting RCT is that it does not cause your teeth to shift and maintains your bite and smile.
These are some of the facts that you can’t afford to miss if you are going for a root canal treatment. If you want to get your treatment done with the best dentist, Find your next dentist at Perfect Teeth today!