TAKE HOME WHITENING TRAYS INSTRUCTIONS
Whitening will not change the color of fillings, crowns, dentures, veneers, or any other
material (restorations) that is not enamel. If after bleaching a color difference results
between your teeth and other restorations, these restorations may have to be replaced to
match your new enamel color.
- Do not attempt to bleach crowns, veneers, or any other restoration, as this will not
work and possibly damage them. Bleaching is only indicated for enamel.
- Whitening is not recommended for patients that are pregnant, trying to get
pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Whitening will likely not be successful if tartar buildup exists in your mouth. A
cleaning is recommended to remove these deposits prior to bleaching.
- If you suffer from periodontal disease (bone loss around your teeth), and roots of
your teeth are exposed, you’ll notice that these are darker than your enamel.
Whitening will not change the color of your roots, only of enamel. It is likely that
these areas may be more sensitive when exposed to whitening material.
- If you have tetracycline staining in your teeth, it is likely that you may need power
bleaching for best results.
The advantage of home whitening is that you perform this treatment when it is
convenient for you. The disadvantage to home whitening is that the success of the
treatment is entirely based on your commitment to wearing the whitening tray for
the period prescribed.
Tooth Sensitivity: During whitening, some patients experience transient sensitivity. This
sensitivity is usually mild if your teeth are not normally sensitive. It may be necessary to
reduce the number of hours you are wearing the bleaching tray or stop using it for a short
time to resolve the sensitivity.
If your teeth are normally sensitive, whitening may make your teeth more sensitive for an
extended period of time. Under these circumstances, you may choose to delay the
whitening process until we are able to complete desensitizing procedures. A mild
analgesic such as Tylenol or Advil will usually be effective to make you more comfortable
until your teeth return to normal.
Gum Irritation: This is the result of using the trays for too many hours when you first start
whitening. It may be necessary for you to reduce the number of hours you are wearing
the tray or stop using them for a short time to resolve these gum problems.∙
Effect on Fillings: Be aware that tooth colored filling will not whiten and mismatched
shading may happen. Same thing applies to any other restoration in your mouth (crowns,
veneers, dentures, inlays, onlays, etc.). You may need to replace these restorations so
that they will match your newly whitened teeth.
Completion of Treatment
Level of Lightning: There is no reliable way to predict how light your teeth will whiten.
Type of staining, tooth anatomy and periodontal/carious condition vary from person to
person, thus affecting bleaching results.
Relapse: Following the completion of whitening, pigment found in food and drinks will restain
your teeth after some time. This is commonly called ‘bleaching relapse’. With home
whitening, you may choose to wear your trays once every few months to keep relapse
IMPORTANT: Before using the product, please note teeth whitening will only work on
natural teeth. Results may vary as teeth whiteners will not work on certain stains. It is
important to consult with your dentist if you have any concerns about stains on your teeth
before using this product. This process, which can be done anywhere and anytime,
involves wearing accustom-made bleaching tray (looks like a thin, transparent night
guard) filled with a mild bleaching agent.
To use your whitening:
- Brush and floss teeth, Venus White Pro is most effective on clean teeth
- Make sure trays are clean and dry prior to applying Venus White Pro
- Remove syringe from Case and snap tip cover from the end
- To load the tray with Venus White Pro, depress the plunger and fill each tooth you want
whitened in the tray with a pearl of gel, do not overfill gel.
*Only a small drop is required, a little bit goes a long way*
- Position the tray over your teeth and gently press the tray to move the gel into place.
Wipe excess gel, which seeps over the brim of the tray, off your gums with a tissue or a
facecloth. Do not get gel onto your gums. If you do be sure to keep a vitamin E capsule
available to rub on your gums to reduce staining of gums or irritation.
Wear a tray for 30-60 minutes once a day for 10 days as most. If sensitivity occurs
remove trays, and discontinue use for 24 hours. Brushing with a sensitivity toothpaste
can help with this as well.
After whitening, remove trays, and rinse teeth with warm water. Brush away any
Clean bleaching trays with a toothbrush and cold water. Store trays in the tray holder,
and gel in a cool dry place. (The fridge is the best place to keep the gel)
Avoid any foods/drinks that can stain (coffee, tea, blueberries) and avoid smoking
within 1hour of treating your teeth.
- If irritation occurs (such as redness, swelling, soreness) of the gums or the mouth
occurs, discontinue use and consult your dentist. Products containing peroxides are not
recommended for use by children under 12 years of age
- Use for periods of longer than 14 days is to be only under the supervision of a dentist
- Avoid swallowing Venus White Pro gel or part thereof
- Avoid contact with the product with the eyes
- Avoid direct contact of the active surface of Venus White Pro with the gums and/or
- Do Not use if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product
I acknowledge that the post-procedural instructions were given to: